Have you ever been bullied, or have ever bullied someone? Have you ever stood by while someone was being treated unkindly, or do you step up to help?
Recently I wrote a book for children and adolescents called, Growing a better me . . . healing the hurt that causes bullying and being bullied. It is currently available on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/review/RNTHAU9NEU0WU
Please stop by the website! www.Growingabetterme.com. Writing the book was inspired by a desire to offer another approach to helping children who bully as well as are being bullied to find a way to heal the hurt that is causing the behavior.
Baby bullies that grow up to be big bullies contribute to much of the discord we see in the workplace, in families, between and among groups, countries, and even strangers. I believe that if we are able to support our youth in healing the hurt that is causing the unkind behavior we can help them create a productive, happy life in the future.
Last year I wrote a book about relationships called, Find Love at Last! 7 steps to Attracting the Sweetest Love you have ever Known, to help women become the love they are seeking in a love relationship because I believe that it is not possible to have what we want any other way. Although this book doesn’t speak directly about bullying or being bullied, it does address how we as women allow ourselves to be treated, how we treat ourselves, and how we treat others based on our belief about what is possible for us. It addresses how the absence of feeling worthy of having a happy, healthy, prosperous life with the sweetest love we have ever known, keeps us from having it. Although the book was written for women, it can be helpful for men.
Where do you begin with creating change in a behavior that has gone on for years? We have to start with ourselves.
- We start with being aware of what we think, how we feel and how we behave.
- We start taking more control over where we focus our thoughts and energy, as well as how we want to feel and express ourselves.
- We begin to take steps toward telling and living a different story; a story that supports our wellbeing and the wellbeing of others.
- We make a personal committ to teach by example.
- We acknowledge and allow ourselves to feel our own worthiness and value so that we can see these innate values in others, and help him or her see these things in themselves.
Change is also possible when there are people who believe in themselves enough that they are able to see the untapped potential in others; to see what others cannot see in themselves and to share their amazing vision with them.